Monday, October 12, 2015

Oct. 12, 2015


Dear Mum, :) (and whoever else is reading this)
I'm surviving. I don't have blisters on my heels, which is actually kind of a miracle I think but it might be that I've started wearing tights everyday- and I have no idea where they might be you'll just have to search through all of my stuff, ask Ally she might know where to start. That's really funny last week dragged on because to me it went super fast. (I think that's because Benson prays for me) We usually start our day catching a bus and going to the Dudley town square to find people, then stopping by less active members or potential investigators houses to teach something, or going to the chapel and teaching lessons there. setting up appointments and crying when nobody shows up.  That's usually what Sister Lee and I do everyday. Sometimes we go tracting and that's always interesting. That's so exciting about football- here the sports are soccer and rugby and I kind of miss watching people hit each other over a ball. But that's ok because I have better things to do. Tell NAtty good luck on her band concert, I know that she'll sound great even if nobody else does. :) And Who is the third person you have? I only know Ashton and Keldyn and the girls. My companion is awesome. She really pushes me to do better rather than stay in my comfort zone (which is really small so just everything she makes me do is helping me improve) Our flat is pretty small and its just us two staying there. I always have to correct Sis. Lee whenever she calls the fridge the freezer though. and we had some troubles with our oven last night but we got it sorted out.
THe food is good, We eat mostly frozen meals and stuff like that because that's the closest store, Iceland. and we went to the chippy a couple of times this week for kababs. :) But English food is really just meat and potatoes and that's it. and gravy. I got  my letter this week too and that was the best! Thanks for the pictures! I'm still missing a couple of them though. I wrote you a letter back, but I haven't posted it yet. Maybe jsut sent recipies for cookies and pizza dough and biscuts and gravy. THe ward is having a dinner and I'm trying to think of something that's american that I can make because the only thing that I think I could really do without a recipe is pizza and I'm not even sure about that.
Oh, and if you want to learn more about where I'm at and what the people are like, you should look up black country because I guess we're right in the middle of it. And then you should email what you learned so I don't feel dumb asking people about it. :)
And for a miracle this week, We met a guy on Wednesday, who some Elders referred to us, and he's pretty golden! He was really sincere and had gotten himself into some really bad habits like gambling and was really ready to listen to our message. We taught him about prayer, and then he asked about repentance so we taught that too! It was so cool. :) Hopefully our next lesson goes as well as the first one did.
I think that's it. I don't know about anything else to tell you except to keep up the good work! You are such a great example to me, mom, and I love you so so so much! (but I think you already knew that).
Cheers!
Sister Wadsworth :)

▶ Show quoted text





No comments:

Post a Comment