Monday, February 22, 2016

Dear mom, Can you believe I've been out for 5 months? Crazy. It doesn't feel like it. It just feels like I've been a greenie forever.. I was going to send benson something for his birthday, but I figured it would be unfair, and also he never emails me anyways. And tell Jacques to check his Facebook messages. Shelly batt has been so disappointed when she told him happy birthday for me on Christmas, and never got a reply. This week was really good, and had some interesting highlights in in. One of them was when we waited for the bus to show up for about an hour. (I've decided I'm in this area to teach me patience, because waiting for busses sometimes is ridiculous), but there is one bus driver we have started watching for because he always sees us and laughs, probably because we show up in the most random places... It's good to know you can make someone's day. 😊 Monday, emailed, sister Francis was sick, so we just ended up staying at our flat sleeping. Tuesday, stopped by some investigators, learned some new busses to get us places (always useful), had a lunch with just bishops wife, (the most words she's ever spoken to us, she is really opening up.) and that night we literally waited in the cold for a bus to come for an hour. I was so mad, but, like I said, I'm also learning patience from it. Wednesday, we spent the morning in sedgley, and then went to Wolverhampton to see our wonderful Romanian friends. 😊 we couldn't get a member to come with us so we ended up having the lesson on the doorstep. In the rain. Thankfully it wasn't raining too much, and it's mission life anyways. Thursday was district meeting In Stourbridge and then some district finding afterwards. We were late getting back, and so we had to reschedule a less active, and do some finding in our own area. It was so funny- sister Francis met someone from Tanzania, and they just started off in Swahili for about ten minutes. And he knows her uncle! What are the chances? After that, we went to go to an appointment and teach with brother nettleton, she wasn't home, but we checked her sister's house and were able to get her number so we can confirm for future appointments. Then bro nettleton (with sister nettleton) took us to bilston to meet a new investigator who is going to be baptised soon! It is such a big miracle. Also, the fact that the nettleton so we're willing to wait for us as well and then take us to the Rs dinner that night, too. They were a huge blessing that night. Friday, we had flat inspection so we stayed close to home in the morning, we were able to go see the less active we cancelled on Thursday, but we could seem to get anywhere else on time. We were an hour late to our next meeting, those busses again, and by the time we got there, he wasn't home. 😭 but we did get to our last one ok that night. Saturday, sister Francis wasn't feeling too well still, and so we had a bit of a break in the morning, then we went back to see our Romanian friends again. And weekly planning. Sunday, we finally had someone come to church! It made me so happy to actually have people decide to come. 😊😄 That was my week. It's was good. I love the blessings the gospel brings everyone. And although it won't take away your trails, the gospel is there to help you get them. I love you all!! Sister Wadsworth Umm, I don't even know about sallie Mae. I don't have an account with them so I wouldn't know what to do about that. Sent from my iPad On 22 Feb 2016, at 06:18, kelly wadsworth wrote: Dear Rachel and Chelsey, Another week. They go by so fast, yet each day seems to go soooooo slowly! Chelsey has been gone almost 2 weeks, and Rachel has been out for 5 months. Wow! Once again, it has been a crazy week, but this time, it was a different kind of crazy. With Monday being a holiday, we got off to a slow start. Jacques spent the day with Camden, Dad was home, but not feeling too spritely, the rest of us got Natty moved into her room. You both are officially moved out of that bedroom. I will try to get a picture of it, but Natty has gone to bed, so maybe next week. Tuesday felt like Monday. But other than that, it was just a normal day. Dad was officially sick, and spent the day in bed. This nasty flu/cold just keeps going around and around. As soon as it has gone through all of us, it starts over again. Wednesday was Ally's Haitian dinner/fundraiser for her YW project. I made about 25 lbs of rice and beans, Lauralynn made the meat, Marie made cakes, and the RS did potato salad. There are probably more people who made things, but I'm not sure who they all are. There were a lot of people there. Not quite Christmas party size, but definately ward party-ish in size. She made over $800 minus what she needs to repay for the food. All of it will go to Foyer de Sion. It was a really neat project. We brought home a lot of rice, and gave away a lot too. But better too much than not enough. That was also Benson's birthday. I forgot to tell him "happy birthday" in the morning, I remembered as soon as I got back from taking him to the bus. I know he hates when people sing to him, but I felt bad. I did make him brownies for the dinner. (What a birthday party, right?) So he got a real Haitian dinner and brownies. We had his family party Thursday night. He got a protein shake mixer and track shoes. He was happy. Dad left for work on Friday. Jacques went to Zion's with Jordan Povis, Justin Barton, and Jason Neighbor. They hiked Angel's Landing, and another hike. They didn't get home til Sunday morning. I will put a picture on of that. It was really quiet Saturday. I didn't feel good, so not a lot got done. It was so quiet. Ally did homework all day, Benson did whatever he does, and natty read and played with Pants. We are so unexciting. Today was Stake Conference. So was last night, but I stayed home. It was really good. Pres Mathews spoke (about farm equipment) and we had a visiting Seventy. Elder Schwiizer(?). We sat in our usual Frehner section. Kennen got engaged this weekend. He will be getting married in June up in Provo. That's about all the news that I know. Girls lost their game, so they won't be going to state. Teh mud has pretty much dried up. It is getting warm. Rachel, what address did you give Sallie Mae (student loan)? You should need to start paying those soon. What else do you both need me to do? Chelsey, I have made a blog to put all your letters and pictures on. It is: chelseyinchina2016.blogspot.com Any thing you don't want me to post, send in a seperate email. There have been a lot of people who wanted me to do the same thing I did with Rachel's. Well, I'd better get to bed. I have a lot of diapers to change tomorrow. I love you both. Work hard, say your prayers, and don't forget to write home. Loveyou!!! Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment