Monday, April 11, 2016

April 11, 2016

Dear everyone, hope that your week was really good, though some of them sound crazy. mine was alright. like a typical englishman, I'm going to complain about the weather and say it rained a lot this week. actually- it hailed. and we were out in it both times that day! :( but there were also a few moments when the sun was out as well, so I cant complain too much. there were a few testimony building experiances that I got to experiance this week, or just yesterday. we were visiting a less active family with 7 kids (remind you of anyone, mom?) and like typical wadsworth luck, they had been having problems where everything just seems to break at once. so they finally got a new washing machine and when we were over it suddenly stopped working. first wash she ever did. so we tried to help. finally, we asked one of her boys to pray about it because he was the closest thing to the priesthood we had. so a few minutes later, the machine started working again. :) I love the power of prayer. :) its so cool. you can just pray about it and then see what happens. another testimony builder was that we are teaching this couple, who are planning on being baptised into the church, though they need to do a few things before it can happen. it was my first time teaching them, becuase they have a habit of cancelling on us. but we shared some scriptures with them to try and answer one of their many many random questions, and we left their home later, with a bit of shaky peace and commiting them to pray about it. well, we went and visited their nan (who is a member, though doesnt come out due to health issues) later in the week, and she had given them some pretty solid advice when they had asked her about it. it was a relief to know that they have someone to turn to besides us who can give them some answers. we are also really going to try and better focus our next lesson and hope that we can do so much better! because we know that as we teach the doctrine, their questions will be answered. so we need to do that. though I am sorry to tell you I am very far from perfect (but I suspect you already knew that) and that I am very happy to report to you that it is through Jesus Christ that miracles and conversion actually takes place. it would be a little awkward for someone to be converted to me, not the gospel... so, yup. that was the most exciting thing happening this week. we are slowly working on getting people closer to baptism, because patience is one of many christlike attributes that is best to achieve before you come on a mission, because so so so much is required. but I love you all and hope that you have a fantastic week and get to tell me all about it for next week :) love, Sister Wadsworth did you ever get the package I sent you? and yes I did get your email, but could you keep me updated every now and then on how much I still have left?but thank you so much for being my personal finace secretary for me. 😘 I am so sorry you had to get up so early, I have to admit I had great joy in the fact that many people had to get up early this morning because their two week school break ended. we got to teach sharing time again, and got to sing do as Im doing with the primary kids. I still love primary, every time I go in there i still love it. I do agree that the great wall of china sure does look like a girl swinging, but Chelsey might disagree with you. haha that puzzle. its so weird to think that I am going to be 20 next month. It still feels a lot like I just left.. love you back! rachel On Mon, Apr 11, 2016 at 5:52 AM, kelly wadsworth wrote: Dear Rachel and Chelsey, Looking back over last week, it doesn't seem like it was too bad. But, boy, it was rough getting through it at the time! I guess going in to the week without recovering from the week before just made for a rough week to start with. So . . . Monday. Regular day. Just extremely tired from being sick the week before, and a crazy weekend. Tuesday. Taryn and Ashton from 6:30 am to 5ish pm. Plus all the other regulars. And not feeling all that great. Looooong day! Wednesday. Started normal, then we got your buddy Ramon for a few hours. He had a lot of fun, but trying to keep up with 2 2year olds (who can both open the front door and leave any time they feel like it) and Ramon, who has only been here a handful of times, and a baby, and Keldyn. That's a lot of stinky diapers (all except Keldyn were in diapers). Thursday was blessedly peaceful and normal. Mostly. Friday. We slept in. Yeah! Then did some cleaning, and then started raking weeds. That turned into burning weeds and raking most of the hill. I started, then got Ally and Natty to come help. Then Jacques came and helped. But when I was ready to quit, Jacques kept going, so then I felt bad leaving him, so I kept going too. I have such a blister on my hand from the rake. Ouch. Saturday. Funny story. The boys had a track meet in Milford, UT. They told me they were leaving Panaca at 4 am. So we left here at 330 so they could get there to help load stuff. Only, when we got to Panaca, there was no one there. We passed the bus driver going to start the bus. They had the time wrong and weren't leaving until 4:30. Then when they got home, they said it was a rotten track meet, and totally not worth getting up so dang early. But Natty and Ally and I enjoyed our boy-free day and got the house clean and mending done and all that good stuff. It has been raining and overcast all weekend, I love it. I don't dare clean out the firewood, because it is supposed to be like this all week. And a slight chance of snow next Friday. Spring in Lincoln county. Today was Fast Sunday. Bro. Lister talked about how he loved the weather and the hymn "There is sunshine in my soul" (Ithink it was that one). I wanted to go up and teach him my song. I am happy today for the sunshine. It seemed to fit better because we have sun and rain going on. Then in Primary (jr) we were learning a song, but the kids were pretty restless, so we did the "Little Seeds Lay Fast Asleep" song. The Bishop walked in while we were singing, and he got down on the floor with the kids and grew into a wild flower. It was funny, and the kids loved it. Then he pulled up a chair and sang with them. I loved it too. Dad was supposed to come home Friday, but he was able to get some extra work, so he stayed up for the weekend. So, Chelsey, I will deposit that money when he gets home. Rachel, let me know if you got the email about your loan payments. Natty finished her puzzle. After I messed it up trying to move it. she had to fix it like 3 times. The Great Wall of China looks a lot like a girl on a swing. I still haven't finished my puzzle. Natty won't help me. It got put back in the bedroom, and now it's "out of sight, out of mind." One very monumental thing has happened this week. Jacques has homework!! Mrs. Lee (Tia) finally got him. He has bragged so often about his time management skills and never having to bring any homework home, that it is quite funny to me! Poor Jacques. The dance recital was this weekend. I don't think there were any Frehners in it. They all did dance team, but not classes. I will send you a picture of Remi that her mom put on facebook. I can't think of anything else. How are things in England and China? Chelsey, did you get your taxed filed? Rachel, I will either file yours, or file and extension and get them done later. Rachel, we signed up to feed the missionaries on May 4th for your birthday. I will get a small package in the mail this week. Tell us lots of details about what you are doing. I love you. (both of you) Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment