Sunday, April 3, 2016

March 28, 2016

Dear mom, This has been a pretty interesting week. And by week I mean Friday, and by interesting, I mean crazy. But I'm at least glad that it was all in one day and it was a bit of a testimony builder. Haha anyways, we just met a crazy lady who yelled at us in the street and on our way back (thou we will now avoid that corner like the plague..) we met someone who just wanted to bible bash. The spirit wasn't there at all and we just politely listened to him talk, and later I read one of the chapters he had mentioned (Romans 8 is now a favourite..) and it was talking about all the things that he had been trying to disprove! It only goes to show that you can't really trust those newfangled modernised scriptures, can you? Another great thing from this week, at least the beginning, was that it felt like spring! It was so warm this week and this morning we woke up and it was snowing outside. If you want to make friends with anyone quickly, all you need to do is to complain about the weather.. Unfortunately, I did not get the chance to watch the general women's session, it's the second time I've missed it because I didn't watch it in the mtc either. We can't even find a ride to Lichfield, the stake centre, for conference and we might end up watching it in members homes. My Easter was great, though we didn't get any twice baked potatoes. 😭😭 but we dd make ourselves a lovely roast dinner. With apple crumble for pudding. And Easter eggs. 🐰🐰🐣 it's nice to have a companion who loves to cook, though there is also the downside that we end up eating a lot... I'm really mad at Caitlin now for not telling me about this life changing decision. It's not ok. And my companion is great. She's from Utah, she really loves trucks and want to be a mechanical engineer or something.. She wants to rock crawl and then be able to fix the trucks she smashes up doing it.. But at the same time, she loves baking and crafts and kinder surprise eggs too. I keep telling her she would make a really great "I'm a Mormon" profile. 😊 Sorry you didn't get any pictures last week, we email at the library so it's on computers instead of the iPads. But since today is a bank holiday and everything is shut we came to the chapel. Yup. So this week was really good, I loved Easter and especially learning and focusing on the atonement this week. I came to the realisation that Christ did not only what he did to take our pains and trials away from us, but also so that he can know how to support us through all of those things that we go through in life. I love it. I know it. Love, Sister Rachel Wadsworth 😊 Sent from my iPad This mornings snow, Thursday's blizzard (not quite) , and last week when it was Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment