Monday, May 23, 2016

May 23, 2016

dear everyone, I officially hate the weather. haha. its just that when it looks like its going to rain, i dress for rain, not sun... and vice versa. sorry I havent sent any pictures in a while. we email in the library and getting my ipad hooked up to the computer is too much of a hassle and i dont feel like carrying that around all day.. especially if you saw the way we haul home our groceries.. haha. :) it has been a stressful week trying to meet goals we've set and then with a few other things thrown at us. though we have had some pretty good news about one family we are working with. it was such a relief to the kids and to us to hear that their mom is doing a lot better. I have also learned that the most humbling experience is to know you are going to die... (its happened to a few of our people these past few weeks, hence the craziness of everything, but things are now looking up for them). and that if you are in trouble, an immediate blessing will do wonders. I remember asking God at the beginning of the week Why? why are you doing this to this family who really has already been through so much? why does this person get to walk away and this other one not? and really having that question answered that Heavenly Father's ways are a lot better (and higher) than sister wadsworth's ways. and miracles happen. :) other things of importance, sister woolsey is at the point where everyone we talk to will ask her how much longer she has.. so she's not the one counting down, the ward is! (one week left, then transfers) that's about it! love you all! love, -Sister Wadsworth :) haha. every time we go to the brookes's we end up having our picture taken... because sister woolsey doesnt send pic either.. what is benson and jacques planning on doing for their projects? love you too! rachel On Mon, May 23, 2016 at 6:43 AM, kelly wadsworth wrote: Dear Rachel, Chelsey, and Cami, Oh, boy, what a week. It started out slow, but man, it gained some momentum. Monday was just a normal day. Regular set of kids, no unexpected or unusual events. Tuesday. Last minute calls for a couple of kids, but not too bad. Taryn and Ashton in the afternoon. Then run home and get ready for Awards night at school. Ally made the 3.5 honor roll, and got a $1000 scholarship for writing. Mrs. McHenry and Dylan sponsored it. It was so neat for her. She didn't make the top 10, but if effort counted, she would be in the top top of her class. She worked harder than just about anyone I know. Wednesday, the train wreck started. I ended up with 9 kids by the end of the day. Reiko, Ryder, Canon, (all in diapers and car seats), then add Traci Poulsens 2 girls (both in car seat/booster), plus Paislee and Keldyn. That was 5 carseats crammed in the van, and the door not working when we were loading and buckling them in. I was able to get it fixed when I got home, but it was sooooo frustrating. Then I got a call from Taryn and Ashton's mom. Yep. 9. they were only for an hour or so, and mostly after all the others were dropped off. Then there was YW/YM that night. I did get to enjoy some quiet while I waited for that to be over. Thursday we did that whole thing over again. By about 11, I told the kids they were staying in the house because I was tired of all the fighting and not being able to see the ones outside while I was inside with the others. But, I can look back now and laugh. Hopefully, I will be able to say no next time. It used to be soo easy. I guess I am getting old. Benson left for state Thursday morning. So it was just Ally, Jacques and Natty and me. (excuse my poor punctuation) We are really a very quiet, boring sort of people. But that is just what I needed. Benson ended up placing 2nd in the 4x100, but not placing in the long jump. Tyler did really well, placing in most of his events, even with an injury. He lunged across the finish line in the 110 hurdles, and crashed. Ended up in the ER. He didn't break his collar bone, (I think that was what it was), so was able to run the next day, and even placed in one of those races. The girls 4x800 placed 4th and broke the school record. They all did a good job. Brandon Zile was there too. His team took 2nd overall. Baseball ended up taking state. But softball lost their last 2 games, so didn't. Seminary graduation was tonight. It was good. Asia spoke. The cake was good. Then we had to wait for Benson to have his board of review for his Eagle project idea. It looks like his project will be approved, so he should be good to go. Jacques is just about ready for his, too. Ally is done with school. She gets to stay home and sleep in this week. Natty is going on her golden wildcat trip tomorrow. They are going roller skating in Veyo. I can't believe that the school year is over. It seems like it just started. Natty will be in Middle school. Wow. And Keldyn will start kindergarten. All my babies keep growing up. Some of them I don't mind, but others I wish could stay little and fun. Ally is waiting to use the computer. That is one drawback of graduating. She has to give back the netbook. I love you all. Can't wait for you to be home Cam. Thanks for all the pictures, Chelsey. I love when you send the ones with you in them. Rachel, you haven't sent pics in a while. It's a good thing Sister Woolsey's mom put a couple of you on facebook. Work hard. Love you Mom -- -Sister Wadsworth :)

No comments:

Post a Comment