Monday, November 16, 2015

Dear mom and family, 
This week was pretty good considering that I got to shake hands with an apostle of Jesus Christ. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„ I met elder Ballard!! (Twice) He's really cool and I learned so much and he answered so many of my questions that I had been thinking about. He's also really funny and my favourite thing he said was the apostles are just missionaries without boundaries. That's so true. And the scary thing he said was that us missionaries need to be the best teachers ever in the history of missionary work because we don't have a lot of time left to share the gospel, this is the last dispensation, so we've got to bring people to Christ now. That's something I think I'll be working towards my whole mission. Then Sunday our stake had a special conference with him so I got to hear from him twice. 😊 
This Wednesday was the end of my first transfer, and I'm still here. I haven't been moved anywhere yet but the elders in our ward are gone now and so sister Lee and I now have a huge area and we're feeling kind of alone and small for the next four and a half weeks until the next transfer ends. But now we won't feel bad when we meet with people in that area who we were working with like Diana because now we just have woodsetten ward as our area instead of half of it. We also finally got the elders area book only to have the same frustrations that you did with the boys. That they really didn't keep a good area book and all the information is not recent at all. Aargh!! Boys. 
But on the bright side, we met a family and we taught them the restoration and they said come back so hopefully it will work out. They're really cute and super adorable at least the ones that we've met so far. 😊 
 Tell Keyden that for lunch I sit by sister Lee. There's nothing exciting happening for thanksgiving, people skip right to Christmas. We put up a small tree in our flat already because this transfer ends right before Christmas. So we get to celebrate sooner! But it is weird that everyone is thinking about Christmas now instead of thanksgiving.  
I'm really excited for Chelsey to go through the temple. It's such a great place. 😊 I'm so sad I can't be there but I'll be thinking of you guys Friday. 
More exciting news is that we're having a baptism on the 28 for an excommunicated member. So it doesn't count for our numbers, but it's still a baptism! Sister jukes is really awesome and she's basically already a member because she's been coming to church for years and years. 
I'm also excited to hear how the boys do at state! That's so exciting that the football team is actually good this year. 😊⚽️ 
That was my week, we worked hard but nothing too exciting happened except for being able to meet an apostle, which was way cool. 😊❤️ 
I love you so so so so much and I miss you, but I'm also grateful to be here and for all the things I've learned and am going to learn. The gospel is true, without it, I would be so lost and so that's one of the things I'm really grateful for is having that sense of peace and direction in life to know where I come from each and what I'm doing, and where I'm going. Thank you so much for teaching it to me. 
Love, 
Sister Wadsworth😊  


Sent from my iPad

On 16 Nov 2015, at 05:51, kelly wadsworth <mkwads@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Rachel,
How do these weeks go by so fast?  On Monday, I think it is going to be a loooong week, but then all of a sudden, it is Sunday again, and we start all over again.  
Well, anyway, the craziness continues.  Biggest news:  the football team is going to State!! The play in Reno next Saturday.The played a really good game last Saturday against Pershing County, which is where Megan's kids go to school, but Brandon doesn't play football, so no cousin rivalry this time.  
We won't be able to go watch them.  Your dad is really disappointed, but we just can't swing a trip right now.  And Chelsey doesn't want to keep rescheduling her day at the temple.  So we will just listen on the radio.  For all you family out there, you can listen on network1sports.com.
Chelsey is going through the temple on Friday.  7:20 pm session.  (there's a lot of family that reads this, so I might as well spread the word)  She is excited about going.  
I guess not a lot happened last week, but it sure felt crazy all week.  It must have been having Veteran's Day off in the middle of the week.  
I get to start watching Kade and Tia's baby tomorrow.  It will be fun to have a baby again.  
Uncle Matt came and got some of the wheat out of the garage.   You can't believe what a difference that made.  We might actually be able to get the car in there again some day!
I'm really digging to think of anything else that happened.  Even Jacques says nothing did.  I should have all sorts of interesting things next week.  I can keep track of how many diapers I change, how many trips we make a day, and all sorts of things to report for you.
One funny (kind of) thing that happened:  The boys borrowed Jurassic World from the Lamb's Friday.  they came home and started negotiating what it would take to let them watch it right away.  We finally settled on they would do the dishes, not argue for a week, and Jacques caught a couple of gophers.  No dishes happened Saturday.  Sunday, I turned off the internet finally, until they got done.  Next time, I will get payment first before I give in.  Boys.
So tell us how things are over there.  As Keldyn always asked: How was your day? Who did you sit by at lunch? When are transfers? Any exciting plans for Thanksgiving?  Do they let you celebrate, or is it just another day?  
This letter is starting to get painful, so I will stop.  
We love you.  And are so thankful for your example and dedication.  Work hard. And tell Sister Lee I said thanks for taking care of you.
Love
Mom 
 Random bull statue that is apparently famous for something...? 
Anyways, we were on our way to the chapel to the mission conference
with else Ballard and we were early so we took some pictures, (and got
a little lost 😊)



No comments:

Post a Comment