Monday, November 2, 2015

November 2, 2015


Dear mom and dad,
Ahhhh!!!! I love you sososososo much! I'm so glad that you are my parents and that I have such an amazing family. This week has been really good. I've started praying to recognise the miracles that happen everyday and it works! Miracles are a thing, and they happen EVERY day.
I thing I'm getting better as a missionary too. Stopping people on the street is getting
Less awkward once I just realised its a lot like calling people, you just have to do it. Gird up your loins and get it over with or it's never going to happen sort of thing. Also I've made a goal to smile and bear my testimony every day, which is a lot harder than it seems because I'm sure sometimes when I'm walking down the street I'm like oh yeah I need to smile missionaries are always happy, so I try to smile but I thing it might be me just walking down the road with my mouth open but it's changed my attitude. I really focus on the people I see and how much Heavenly Father loves them when I make a goal as simple as having a smile on my face. 😄😊
Monday was carving pumpkins as a district, which was interesting because we really didn't have anything to scoop out the guts and not very good knives. And we had to throw out our pumpkins the day before Halloween because hey got soooo mouldy.
Tuesday sis Lee and I went to visit Diana again and Norma who is a really cute old lady. She is so busy and we are just trying to get her to read the Book of Mormon again, and come back to church. We also have been going to a lot of former investigators houses and seeing if they'll meet with us again and we had one say yes! We're hoping that the sister in our ward will help us with her when we meet with her again, because they're friends and sister conroy is really funny and great.
Wednesday we had a meeting and I got to see all of the other new sisters again and that was so great because we're all really good friends and we got to complain and tell stories about our areas and how missionary work is so hard but so great at the same time.
On Thursday we had a district meeting but everyone was sick except for me and one set of elders. It was so bad. Bit sis Lee is feeling better now and so is everyone else. I haven't gotten sick yet, and I'm hoping it'll stay that way. 😊 we also met this really cool guy at our finding spot where it's really busy, and hopefully he'll become a new investigator because he's going through a pretty rough time right now.
Friday was good too. We met our neighbour and she invited us over because she really liked the other missionaries who had come and thought they were nice, and we talked to her for a long time, bit it was really cool because sis Lee has just offered to help her take out her garbage and then this happened! So we're excited to go visit her this week.
Friday was really good too because we had the opportunity to help a less active cl an her house and she was so grateful and she promised to have us over for dinner! Yes food! But Evelyn is so cool. Her kids are really sweet too.
Saturday was great. None of the lessons we planned to teach happened, but we met his really incredible guy and taught him a lesson on the street and it was so cool. (I told you I was Improving as a missionary 😊) he was really interesting and told us all about the places he's been and we told him a little about the gospel.
Sunday was another good day. This whole week has just been awesome. But we went to Tipton after church to stop by some people, and we met one of their neighbours, and he was way cool. He was Muslim, but from Guana,  and we taught him about Jesus Christ and prayer and gave him a Book of Mormon, which he said he'd read, so hopefully he does. But it was another service opportunity, when we stopped to talk to him. We also biked on Sunday, and if you would have seen me trying, you would have died laughing because  it's really hard and i am so out of shape and can't make it up most of the hills and sis Lee is always patient with me which is nice because biking is hard! And I'm too short by about an inch to stop my bike and stand, and it's a guys bike so getting on and off is interesting, but I really like it so far, just not any hills.... And I'm glad we're not biking every day. I would probably die.
There has been so many miracles everyday. im so grateful I'm here to see them. This week I have really focuses on strengthening my faith in Christ and that has helped me so much because without him, I could not be doing this every day.
I'm so glad to hear from you and you all mean so much to me. Thanks for teaching me this incredible gospel and living it everyday. That's one of the best things you could ever do, because if you're not moving forward on faith then your going backwards and you are losing so much happiness in your life.
Love,❤️❤️❤️
Sister Wadsworth 😊
Ps everyone here either passionately hates Halloween or loves it. Most people really are just annoyed with it though, and they don't like it at all. I think of you every time someone starts  complaining about Halloween because you hate it too. 😊

Sent from my iPad

On 2 Nov 2015, at 05:27, kelly wadsworth <mkwads@yahoo.com> wrote:

Dear Sister Wadsworth (Rachel) and Cami,

I remembered!!
It has been another crazy week.  More sickness, ballgames, trips, and just general craziness.  
I hardly know where to start, but I guess Monday is a good place:  Jacques thought the FFA trip was flying out Monday night, so he got all packed and had everything ready to take to school with him.  Turns out they were leaving on Tuesday.  It was funny.  I was really worried about him not having any ID with him.  All he had was his Permanent Resident card with his picture when he was 3 years old.  But miracle of miracles!! His new card finally came Monday, so he had current ID.
It has been weird here at home without him, though.  Way too quiet.  He won't be home until tomorrow night.  His Ag Mech team placed bronze he said.  Something like 15th place.
Tuesday was just normal.  If there is such a thing.
Wednesday was Halloween carnival.  Pioche had theirs from 3-5.  I took kids in to town to meet up with parents, but Ashton and Taryn's mom couldn't get off work, so Natty and I ended up staying til about 4:30.  She paid me extra though, so it worked out fine.
Then we went to Natty's carnival in Panaca.  Chelsey did facepainting with Mrs. Schimbeck.  Natty had her friends to hang out with, so I ended up waiting in the car.  I was carnival'ed out.
Thursday, NO SCHOOL!! and we finally got to sleep in!  Oh it felt good.  The football team won their game against Agassi, even without a few players who were on the FFA trip.  It was a good game, but it was cold!  We sat in the car and watched.
Ally went to her last meet in Boulder City.  No one place except Maddy, and she doesn't go to LCHS anymore, so cross country is done.
Friday, your dad left for Ely to work.  Then we all just kind of vegged out and recovered from the week.
Saturday, not much happened either.  Chelsey and Ally took Natty trick-or-treating, so I got to stay home.  I am becoming a Halloween Scrooge.  Bah humbug.  We have all enjoyed her candy though.  Good thing she likes to share.
The sickness is still going around.  Your dad had the cold this week, and now I am getting it.  Ally had the throwing up bug.  I think it has hit us all at least once.
So, don't they have microwave popcorn in England?  I guess if they don't, we will figure out how to get some to you.  that is a bad thing to be without.
I'm glad you found your tights and pictures.  I really did look for them here, but you were such a thorough packer, I was pretty sure you did have them.
Will you get to celebrate Thanksgiving over there?  I guess with missionaries from all over the world, it might be a little weird. You will certainly miss your mashed potatoes.  Those I will not send.  Too messy in the mail.
Dad will be moving his new(er) trailer up to Ely next month.  He will finally have a bathroom and running water.  And more room to share with Matt.
Chelsey will be going through the temple on the 20th (unless something happens).  (Take note all you family members who read this)
I guess that's about it.  I will send a couple of pics, Kelsie if I can find her.
I am now that missionary mom who checks email first thing Monday morning.  Scriptures and prayer have to wait until I read your letter.
I love you,
Mom

ps  I am teaching "I am happy today for the sunshine" in primary.  Now I won't be the only one in the world singing that song!

pps my goal is to get a REAL letter in the mail this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment