Monday, November 9, 2015

Dear mom 
That sounds like you had a really exciting week, all we got was rain and it just poured on us all week. I have not seen the wood and that something I didn't think I would mis but I miss our fireplace. Sister Lee thinks it's incredible that we use a word burning stove to heat our house. πŸ™‚ also not a lot of people believe me when I say it snows in Nevada. I think they imagine it to look something like the Sahara desert. 
This week was really good though even if we did get wet. 🌧🌧🌧🌧🌧☔️ I haven't been sick yet, so I guess your prayers are doing something. we had a couple of miracles happen and a few new investigators. We also had a ward party where everyone made food, and I made biscuits and gravy. It was a hit and I have now solved the unanswerable question of what a biscuit is called in England: it's a scone. But I know that scones are something much tastier. 😊 so make sure you tell ally that a biscuit means a scone. 
We've also been a lot more stressed out this week because elder ruka went home, and elder page, his companion is only here until the end of the transfer, and they're shutting down the elders area. So sister Lee and I are either going to be working in a really huge area all by ourselves or we're  getting transferred halfway through training. We get to  find out tonight what going to happen to us. It's going to be really interesting either way. And also it the last week of my first transfer! That went by really fast. I learned so much from sister Lee and I feel at least halfway trained. Which is where I'm at in in training  anyways. But next transfer is going to be shorter and end right before Christmas. And also elder Ballard is coming this week! I get to meet him twice (hopefully, because transfers) because he's coming to the stake I'm serving in and there's going to be a mission conference the day before. πŸ˜„πŸ˜„πŸ˜„
One of the miracles that keeps happening is that members keep inviting us over for dinner, so our number of da's has doubled this week. It's usually only two or three, but this week we almost had something every night. I haven't found anyone who knows exactly where pioche, or Panaca  is but a lot of the missionaries seem to know where misquite is. And a really funny story is about a da we have every Tuesday with the bishops family, but that's like Wednesday nights for us , so they're really busy and they only have about an hour for us to eat and share a quick thought and it's always super awkward because the bishops wife doesn't look at you AT aLL and she is Pretty intimidating . But our bus from Wolverhampton was kind of late and we had to walk a long ways down in the rain so we were half an hour late for dinner. But the had already eaten, and so it was just sister Lee and I eating. We had a da with ourselves... That was an experience. 
P day is always different every week. Sometimes we go shopping, we usually always go grocery shopping in the morning, and catch the end of the relief society activity to eat their leftover biscuitsπŸͺ☕️ and maybe have a cup of cocoa. Sometimes we just hang out at the chapel all day  and play some football maybe basketball, and email everyone with the elders also serving in our ward, but they're leaving so I don't know what we'll do now.  
I'll try to keep working hard, and not to think too much about home or the rain... I love you so much and I'm thankful for everything that you've taught me to do. This week I have realised that the biggest place that I learned the gospel has been at home , so I guess I learned something from the and I didn't sleep too much through morning scripture study. So keep it up! We do learn something, even if it doesn't seem like it. 😊 I'm so grateful for what I know and I'm excited to be teaching it not only know but way in the future to my own family. So thanks mom, I love you and please don't only pray for me but for all the other missionaries out there too. 
Love, 
Sister Wadsworth 😊 
Aka Rachel 

Sent from my iPad

On 9 Nov 2015, at 06:28, Kelly <mkwads@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Rachel (aka Sister Wadsworth),
I'm tired of waiting for your dad to be done with his laptop, so I will just type this on my phone. With the autocorrect, it might be faster anyway. It almost knows what I want to type before I even get there.
We have had quite the week, Monday was mostly a normal day. Jacques got home from Louisville about midnight. He rode home with Derek so I didn't have to go down and get him. I sure love Jesse and Derek.
Tuesday Chelsey worked out in Eagle Valley filling in for Jennifer-taryn and Ashton's mom. She had to drive the big van out. It was a slooow trip for her. The van only gets up to 30 mph anymore.
Tuesday night it SNOWED! We got 4-6 inches! Wow it was a lot!  Driving to school was an adventure. This little van isn't quite as tough as the old van was.  We made it though. Natty had a half day, so she and Keldyn got some sledding in. We finally got to use the sled we bought last year!
Thursday, Ashton and Keldyn sledded for an hour after preschool. Natty had another half day, but the sledding hill was melted by the time she got home.  They all played outside in the snow that was left.  We went through a lot of gloves cuzntheu would come in and change when they got wet. I rigged a glove clothesline over the fireplace to speed up drying them.
Dad came home for the boys playoff game on Friday. It was cold. We won. I sat in the car. Enough said about that.
We started splitting the wood Friday morning. We worked for about 3 hours and barely made a dent in that huge pile. Did you see it? I can't remember when they brought it. It's about 8 cords of wood. We did 5 or 6 hours on Sat. but the pile is still big. I think we have done about 2/3 of it.
We have all been sick now. I have had this stinking cold all week. I'm down to just the cough now, but it is so annoying.  Chelsey had had it too, but her cough is still really bad.  Natty and Ally are both in the early stages of the same thing. Dad and Jacques are about over it.  Hmmm I wonder if Benson will get it. No fun.
So, how have you been? It sounds like you and Sister Lee are working hard. 
Do the members feed you like they do over here? Or do you get your own meals? Have you run across anyone you know or that knows where Pioche is?
What do you do on your P day?
We love you. Work hard, pray hard, and play, too.
Mom
 

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID





No comments:

Post a Comment