Monday, November 30, 2015

Dear mom, 
Thanksgiving sounds like it was a lot of fun. I got to have a small version with my district. We each brought a few things and had a lot of fun celebrating. Then right after sister Lee and I had stuffed ourselves on potatoes and cheesecake ( The English can't live without cheesecake) we had a da and we almost cried when we had to eat another huge helping of potatoes again! Then we went to a Rs activity and had to refuse the treats there. So this whole week we have basically just been stuffed..  But I'm still the same size, I think. My clothes still fit, and I think sister Lee would love a pair of pj's and if you just send it to the mission home, she'll get them even if we aren't together anymore.
I'm sorry about the car, but basketball season of always fun. Did "Cameron" show up at thanksgiving? Is he still in good condition? I don't get to hear about his adventures at home anymore. And could you send me some pictures of the Christmas decorations? It would be nice to see even if it always the same every year. We made some cool decorations at the activity on Thursday night, and so we're feeling more festive. And we get to share the new Christmas video! 
This week was also a lot better than last week. We have a couple of new investigators and hopefully that will go somewhere. Sister Lee laughed at me because my definition of miracles has gone down to being able to catch a bus that's running on time for us, or if we come right as a bus is pulling in. 
This week we had some Italian cooking. It was just chicken and vegetables,Mobutu it was so good. We thank our lucky stars every day for Diana and her family. They love missionaries so much, and Diana has come so far since I first met her. 😊 our da's are usually meat and potatoes and that's about what the members feed us. I might be sick of potatoes by the time I get home... We have been having a few more da's than usual too because the members are feeling sorry for us not having any elders anymore, and so we don't have to keep to our old area, because we cover the whole ward now. 
My debit card does let me take money out: I just can't see how much I have spent. So if you could just email me and let me know how much I still have left that would be fantastic. 
So this week was pretty good. I am getting used to being rained on every day now. My shoes are not good for rain, and so I really need to buy some good boots ( not rain boots, some tall brown ones that would match everything) but I can't quite bring myself to pay for them just yet... And my skirts have been doing okay.  They still fit me. 
That's about all that happened this week. I'll send you pictures of our thanksgiving and Christmas stuff. 
Love sister Wadsworth 😊
Sent from my iPad

On 30 Nov 2015, at 06:59, kelly wadsworth <mkwads@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Rachel,
Wow! What a week!  There were only two days of school, but with switching from football to basketball and having new schedules to figure out, it was a little crazy.  
Benson is a happy kid now that basketball has started.  He is thinking he will be on varsity this year, and with some of the kids not playing this year, he most likely will be.  Bit
I only had the extras 2 days, too. Keldyn kept telling me that "it is Thanksgiving this week, and then it will be Christmas."  I think he will be disappointed that Christmas is still a month away.  Not the very next day.
Wednesday your dad took everyone but me down to the farm to load up a tree that he had cut down.  It was a cold, cold day, and I don't think anyone had fun, but they got it done.  I got to go to Grandma's house and help her quilt.  Nice and warm, tv going, fire, etc.  but my back and quilting finger sure hurt when we were done.  The quilt is done though, and waiting to be delivered.  Next project is pajamas.  
About pajamas.  I am planning to do yours, so I need to know if you are the same size, or have you grown or shrunk?  Do you want me to make a pair for your companion?  You said transfers are right before Christmas, so I'm not sure.  Let me know what you think.  
Thanksgiving Day was fun.  We ate at Grandma Frehner's house.  Albert and Jessica were there, and Henry and Shawn, and Jonathan and Mellica.  Dinner was ready at 11:15 and so we ate.  We told your dad that dinner was at noon, and he was actually there a little before noon, but dinner was mostly done by then.  We played a game and sat around a visited, then went to Panaca for pie at Grandpa Wadsworth's.  Amy and her family were there, Glen, and Matt and Jule.  It was fun seeing every body.  Poor Uncle Todd was playing games with all the kids.  He has the patience of 3 saints!!
Friday Benson had basketball at 7 am. Yuck!  I took him down and waited for him.  I fell asleep in the car with the heater running, and ran the battery down.  We got it jump started, but then have had trouble starting it all weekend since then.  We didn't go anywhere else that day.  Just got your dad ready for work and took a nap.  
Saturday, Kade and Tia went through the temple.  Chelsey and I rode over with Grandma and Grandpa.  It was so neat to be in the sealing with them.  Reiko slept through the whole thing.  
That pretty much took up the whole day.  Then today was Tim and Terry Olson's farewell.  The enter the MTC tomorrow.  I was expecting a lot of visitors in primary, but they all left right after Sacrament Meeting, and primary was pretty small.  We sang "The Nativity Song" about 20 times to get ready for the ward party on Thursday.  I took 5 Nativity sets with me and the kids would have sung the song 20,000 times if they could put up a set each time.  Fun!
Chelsey and Ally are at Grandpa Wadsworth's this week.  It is weird to be the last one up.  Usually Chelsey is up long after me.  Ally has her play this week.  The Best Christmas Pageant Ever.  Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday.  (Just a heads up for all the family that reads this.)  
All the Christmas decorations are up.  Chelsey, Ally, and Natty put everything up on Friday.  
That's pretty much all for us, so now tell us what you are doing.  What is the weirdest thing you had/got to eat this week?  I know I've asked you before, but I don't remember, do the members feed you or do you fend for yourselves?  
Are your shoes and clothes holding up?  Teri gave us some more skirts,  I will see if I can fit some in your Christmas package.  
Ally said something about your debit card not working.  Do you need me to call the bank?  Let me know about that too.
We love you, and are so happy that you get to be on a mission for Christmas.  What a neat time to be able to serve the Lord.  
Love you lots!
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment