Monday, November 23, 2015

Sent from my Verizon Wireless 4G LTE DROID
On Nov 23, 2015 3:35 AM, Rachel Ellen Wadsworth <rwadsworth@myldsmail.net> wrote:
Dear mom and family, 
This has been such a crazy week! More on that in a minute though. It's sad that the boys didn't win state, but at least they went... And now I get to hear about basketball! You need to tell me how good the dancers and the pep band is doing too. πŸ˜ŠπŸ’ƒπŸŽΊπŸŽΊπŸŽ· 
I'm glad that Chelsey went through the temple and that she enjoyed it, and hopefully all of her g's will fit her....... And you get to have a baby again! And we finally got our tree all decorated for Christmas and it looks really good even if it is just a small fake one. And I'm sad that there's no thanksgiving here, and we only had one last year too. Because dad was home for it. I think. 
But back to my crazy week. Monday was pretty normal, we are trying to come up with things to do and go see here but we are struggling to find anything. We went to a museum last week and it was really cool, I think we were the only ones there when we went, though. Lots of old rocks, and. A couple of fossils, some old WWI guns, some paintings and that was about it. But it was still cool. And we had exchanges that night and Tuesday. I had to stay in our area and try and remember where everything is and how to get there. But sister wiesner was really awesome and she was really helpful when nothing worked out that day, and I felt so bad about it. 
Wednesday it was so nice to have sister Lee back though and I was very happy to be following her again. 😊 we went to Wolverhampton and on the way home it poured on us, and we got sososososo soaked. We also met with Bobby and had a really awesome lesson with a member. It really helped home to have a couple of member present lessons with him because he feels more like he's making friends. 
Thursday we had a zone meeting and that took up most of our day. 
Friday was the craziest day. I almost got hit by a car ( but I didn't so don't worry about it) our bus broke down, and then we took the wrong one after that. It was so bad. But we were able to meet Diana that day and she really cheered sister Lee up because it had been such a rough day- I think I was mostly just happy to still be alive, so it wasn't quite as bad for me. Diana is so amazing, we're really working with her to give up smoking because that's all she needs to do before she can be baptised. 
Saturday we got to do some service for a less active member who is really great and we met with Bobby again and he is struggling with some questions and we're not sure quite how to help him with it, but we had some really great lessons with him this week. 
Sunday we had the primary program! My favourite part besides the songs was when they mentioned missionaries and things you could do to help them. Sister Lee and I were just sitting there and nodding going yes, yes, please do ALL of those things! 
And today nothing exciting planned because we don't know what there is to do. 
 But even though it's been a rough week, I'm still alive and even though it got rather cold and wet suddenly, I'm so glad I chose to serve a mission and be able to meet all of these amazing people. And I am so grateful everyday for the amazing people I left behind who taught me the beautiful truths that I'm here teaching others. 😊
Love, 
Sister Wadsworth 😊 ❤️

Sent from my iPad

On 23 Nov 2015, at 04:35, kelly wadsworth <mkwads@yahoo.com> wrote:
DeaR rACHEL,
i THINK SOMEONE LEFT CAPSLOCK ON.  There.  It is so awesome that you got to meet Elder Ballard.  You sound like you are growing so much in the gospel.  It is exciting to see.
We are still plodding along here at home.  Sometimes we might break into a little jog, but we don't go very fast.
The boys went to Reno to play the state football game.  It was a really good game. But, alas, we did not win.  I was able to watch the game on  my phone.  It was small, but since Dad and I were the only ones watching, it wasn't too bad.  The boys played really hard, but Yerington was just a little better.  The announcer kept saying that no one thought Lincoln County would win except for the boys on the field.  Now we get to move into basketball!!  Benson is so ready to start. 
We went to the temple with Chelsey on Friday.  That was a neat experience.  Teri, Dylan, Albert, Matt and Jule , and Grandma were there.  Grandpa had worked his shift at the temple that day, and was just too worn out to do the session with us.  We left a little earlier that we did when you went, so we weren't so rushed.  It was a lot more relaxed.  Ally and Natty went with us and hung out in the visitor center.
I started watching Reiko this week.  It is so fun to have a tiny baby again.  But I was right about changing tons of diapers.  Between Reiko and Ryder, we do a lot of poop here.
Next week will be a short week.  Only 2 days of school.  But Benson says he is sure they will have bball practice on Wednesday, so we will still get to do some running around.  Grandpa Wadsworth will be home from Thanksgiving to New Years.  Chelsey will be staying with him when Ann or Glen or Amy isn't there.  
Natty has had the Christmas train out already.  But I am holding out to really decorate until after Thanksgiving.  You will know what it looks like, it's the same every year.  But I will send you a picture of the tree as soon as we get it.
There was some rearranging in the ward last week.  A new Young Mens presidency was put in.  Dann Mathews is the new pres.  The Olsons are leaving on the 30th, so they called a new teacher for her class too.  And new nursery leaders.  Beka, and Mara are in the nursery now.  Donnene is doing a lot better, she is in rehab now.  
That's about it.  I think we will only have one Thanksgiving this year.  When was the last time that happened?  
Ally, Natty and I spent 4 hours yesterday splitting wood nonstop, and we still didn't get it all done.  I don't think we will be running out this year!  Yeah!!

Cami just called.  She is doing good.  She just wrote a  9 page research paper on "Nerds."(I will forward it to you)  We are trying to work out rides home for Christmas.  
Natty is waiting for the computer so she can write to you, so I guess I will go.  
I love you,
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment