Monday, November 28, 2016

November 14, 2016

Another week in wales. It's been good. I'm pretty sure I've mentioned this before, but missions are crazy. True story. 
Here are some of the highlights: 
-Went to visit a member who's been ill, missed the bus stop and went out of our area about 7 at night. The concerned bus driver let us off at the next stop where there would at least be some lights and we waited for the bus home in the cold for about an hour. 
- two of our investigators dated for three years in school. Awkward.... haha
- climbed a huge hill (that we already climb every week to visit some members. Got lost... still haven't found them. 
- out of money!! Don't know what we spent it on but hopefully reimbursements come in soon. 
- on the bus that we missed Friday night, when we finally got back on our way home, we met a less active. Lost sheep. And there we were complaining about the cold wait. Truly humbled. 
- saw the castle this morning! (I want one now) 
- poppy appeal is officially over. Remembrance Sunday was great, although I had to speak... but so did our amazing recent convert, Andrea. It was her first time and she loved it!! She is such a blessing. 
- one member gave us hot squash when we came in her door and sent us off with an ice cream.... why?? It's freezing outside!! 
- found some new people. They're struggling to accept the priesthood. We'll work on it. 😊
- blodwen (oldest cutest Welsh lady ever) taught s some Welsh. Haha don't ask me to repeat because I won't be able to. Still can't pronounce most of he towns here. 
- learned a new phrases: tidy=good and just through like onto the end of a sentence. I love the Welsh accent. Ex. That meal was tidy, like.  
So, it was a pretty good week. Lots of learning involved and spiritual experiences. 
My study this week was all about e law of sacrifice (subject of my talk) and his stood out to me: the only thing that we truly can sacrifice is ourselves. Our willingness to live the commandments. 
Here's the actual quote from the 4th missionary, a talk that passes from missionary to missionary: 
"In the end,  your heart and  your will is all  that  you  have to give that the Lord does not already have. If you give  your time, two years,  and  your  strength,  you give  only  that which He grants to  you with  each beat of your heart and each breath that  you  draw. If you  dedicate your gifts and  talents, you  only  return  to  Him  what He already  has given to  you. If  you  pay  tithing  you only  return to Him  a tenth of what he has already  given to  you. Everything  that you have to  give to  the  Lord, has its  origin in  Him,  except one thing: your will. He does not have your heart, nor your mind,  unless you give them  to Him.  It is the only gift  you  have to offer that He does not already have. And so when you give yourself, you truly give everything to Him."

Love you all!! Have a great week! 
Sister Wadsworth 😊❤️

Hey mom. Life is good. I'm happy. I'm usually happy. I can't really give you any details Because wit all just seems normal to me now. 
So you think you could look up my byu I account stuff. And my email for that. I don't even remember what it is. 
I'm actually fine with not getting pj's because I don't want to pack them! What do you guys all want for Christmas? 

Sent from my iPad

On 14 Nov 2016, at 05:49, kelly wadsworth <mkwads@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear girls,
Not much ever changes here at home.  I still drive in circles everyday.  Dad is still working, boys still sporting, Natty still reading.  I did get to take Monday off and go to the doctor.  Grandma went with me, actually she drove, so I guess I went with her.  We had fun shopping, but we need Teri to go with us so we have some one to talk.
Tuesday was a crazy day.  I had 6 kids in carseats.  That is a tight squeeze in this van.  They all played really well together, so it wasn't too bad.
Wednesday was just the opposite.  Reiko didn't come, just 3 others, so it was pretty easy.  
Thursday, no school.  Just practice for Jacques.  
Friday, no school.  Veteran's Day.  Benson had a dr. appt. for his physical.  Turns out his PCL in his knee is torn all the way.  So now he has to wear his brace again.  He will have to have it surgically repaired someday.  He isn't very happy about it.
After that Natty and I ran to Cedar to pick up a cow.  We now have meat again!!  Yeah!  A whole freezer full of hamburger.  We did some shopping, and came home.  I've been to Cedar more times in the last month than in the whole last year.
Saturday was the playoff game.  Us againg Yerington.  They killed us.  We played hard, but their guys were so much bigger than ours.  So now football is over, and basketball started after the game.  
Church was good today.  Delanie Cole spoke, the Jacques.  and Kay Donohue.  Delanie used Aleesha's baby blanket as a visual.  Then in primary, we started learning a new Christmas song.  I'm not sure if we will ever sing it again, but I like it.
Then we had spaghetti for dinner.  Nap and movie.  Went to Grandma and Grandpa's.  Came home.  
Some things never change.
I guess that's about it.  I already sent pictures to Rachel.  They were on facebook, so you others can see them there.  
I hope you are all doing well.  Rachel, I have been praying for you to be cheerful and happy, so I hope everything is going okay for you.  Would you tell me if it weren't?  I will get your Christmas package out this week, the mission home wanted it there before the end of November.  (No pajamas this year, sorry)
So give me some details of what your area is like.  Details, details, details!  
I need to chase everyone to bed, so I guess I will go.  I love you all.  Be good.  Do good. Be careful.  Pray.  Read your scriptures. Remember I love you.
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment