Monday, November 28, 2016

October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween everyone,
I feel like I say this every week but what's one more week? What a crazy week!!
It was thrown off a lot by a trunky meeting right in the middle of it.
To explain what that means, it's like a "now you only have six months
or so left on your mission so it's time to start thinking about
college and life and being self reliant again" meeting. Yup. What
every missionary wants to hear. ... in Birmingham... and we had to
train πŸš‚ back home... to wales... (but I'm not complaining, so it's
fine😊) #madeithomebynine
But other than that sister Carson and I have had a really great week.
Mostly. Except when everyone flogged and cancelled on us in one day
and nobody else was home, and a bird had a really great target
practice πŸ’©and when we had basically no money this whole week due to a
few trips to the mission home this month. And waiting from 10-1 for a
delivery that did not decide to show up until five till 1.  But other
than that it was a really great week.
My favourite part of this week was being able to see our new
investigator completely unplanned. And when a less active told us he
believed hat he was Adam and god killed him with a ray gun. (multiple
lives) and that he was also Joseph smith. Also that our bus right
after that was super late but because of that we avoided one of our
investigators angry grandpa and found some way cool potentials.πŸ˜ŽπŸ‘Š
miracles happen everyday.
Other highlights were teaching Brandon because he's he coolest of our
teaching pool (and the only one progressing) and having pizza πŸ• more
for dinner more nights than not this week. #fivedaystreak
#disntthinkidbesickofpizza also kinda of never want to see lasagna
again...

Missionary work is the greatest thing. I love it so much and the
people are truly the greatest.
Love you all and have a fantastic week!!
Sister Wadsworth 😎


Pics
1) trunky meeting
2) swimming anyone??
3) waiting for our lift to church
4) on one hill looking at another





Sorry your in pain. I love you. 
I was not aware that Tyler and Shayla were a thing, but they look cute. 

That's so sad. I was not thinking I would not have that much time to be home. I was looking forward to seeing everyone. (Most parents have either sent their missionaries the travel arrangements or the release date. Thank for being an obedient mom) 
I love you and miss you!! Get better soon!!  ❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Sent from my iPad

On 31 Oct 2016, at 06:01, kelly wadsworth <mkwads@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Rachel, Chelsey, Cami, and Ally,
So, how are you this week?  Rachel, I love the castle!  How cool to just look out your window and have a castle!
We have had a pretty good week here.  A new quarter started at school, so not too much pressure or homework yet.
Natty had a band concert this week.  They did pretty good. I've heard better, and I've heard worse.  Middle school only has 3 trumpet players, and they sounded good.
Monday I got called in to help with costumes for the Christmas play.  They are doing "Yes, Virginia, there is a Santa Clause" and it will have 8 different Santas from around the world.  Plus some talking pigeons.  I have done a good job of putting it off, but I HAVE to get to it tomorrow.
Wednesday was pretty miserable for me.  I had to stop eating for my surgery on Thursday.  So I was hungry all day.  I could drink, but not eat.  Then I had to drink this nasty, nasty cleansing stuff to clean me out.  YUCK!!!!!! 
Thursday was no school for Nevada Day Observed (which is really on Friday, but we don't have school on Fridays, so we get Thursday off).  Dad and I left for Cedar at 5 am.  My surgery was at 9:30 or so, and it went well.  (Hemorrhoids)
Now my bum hurts.  We stopped at Arby's to eat on the way home, and the car died.  So typical for us.  
I was able to hitch a ride with Louann Wilbur, who had an unexpected delay in town, or she would have been half way home already.  Lovely little miracle, that.  Dad stayed in Cedar and rounded up some help from Lehi and Moroni and my Uncle Dennis and Aunt Kara.  He did get the starter and alternator changed and made it home the next day.  I made it to Panaca in time for the football game.  It was Jacques senior night, so I hobbled out on the field with him.  Teri and Grandma hovered just in case I was going to fall over.  The game was a blow out.  We won 61-6.  so we play again next week for play offs.  then probably state the week after that.  Then basketball starts.
So anyway, I am sincerely grateful for little blessings and miracles.  And family and friends who do so much.  
After all that, I spent the weekend sleeping and recovering.  Dad made it back to work a day late.  But that's what sick days are for.  
I stayed home today, so Derek and Shayla did singing time for me.  Grandma said they did good.  I wish I could have been there to see them.  
That's about it here.
Rachel, you got a letter from BYU-I.  You start the spring semester on april17, I think.  I will try to send a pic of the letter.
Moroni finally popped the question to Clara.  I assume that she said yes.  Lehi and Artell are expecting.  Camden and Jeanette and Mariah and her husband both had their babies.  Both girls.
The wind is howling like crazy here.  Not much rain today.  I understand I slept through a pretty good rainstorm the other day.
I love you all.  Remember to count your blessings.  And to be grateful.  
Love you, love you, love you, love you!!!!
Mom

No comments:

Post a Comment