Monday, November 28, 2016

October 24, 2016

Dear everyone,
This week has been basically the same as every other week of my
mission, with the exception of a few things.
1) there's a castle literally across the street from our flat. 🏰You know I have never met reiko... but he looks cute. 
I remember homecoming. I actually hated dressing up, but I did it to win. 😊 
I miss Dutch oven food!  
Primary programs are the best! So was Elder cook. We were all together, which has only happened twice now in the ebm since I've been here. So not a lot. Mostly only for general authorities. 
Love you mom!

Sent from my iPad

On 24 Oct 2016, at 06:16, kelly wadsworth <mkwads@yahoo.com> wrote:
Dear Rachel, Ally, Cami, and Chelsey,
Hi.  How are you?  I am fine.  I hope you are too.  (remember when writing letters was that easy?)
So, a busy week.  Monday, Natty had school, but the boys didn't.  
Tuesday, Powder Puff game.  Seniors and Freshmen won.  Jacques danced.  I sent the video to Rachel, but I will send it to the rest of you.  No one really did the dress up days here.  Natty doesn't like to, and the boys don't either.
Wednesday, I had the day off.  I went to the doctor in Cedar.  I have hemerroids, and will have them removed next week.  Fun.  
Grandma went with me, and we had fun.  Lunch at DQ, and shopping.  You can't beat that.
Thursday was just a normal day.  And the bonfire.  Natty and I elected to stay home.  They had it in the gravel pit this year instead of in the usual place.  
Friday, the boys had school.  I took them down, and then came home and took a 3 hour nap.  I was really tired.  Then I finally finished the quilt I was working on for Jesse Mathews.  Then we went to the football game.  Oh, boy.  that was a good game.  We were way behind at half time, and then came back.  We got ahead, then they made a touchdown, and I thought for sure we had lost.  But, lo, and behold, we came back with another touch down.  There were a few seconds left on the clock, so Needles had a chance to try to come back, but we held them.  They even put 1 second back on the clock at the end.  It was a nail biter for sure, but we did it.  It's a good thing, too, cuz who wants to lose the homecoming game?
benson was Jr. class royalty.  He was actually runner up, but Noah Bailey had to work, so he was it.  
Saturday, was a hectic morning.  Benson went to St. George with his friends, and had to be in Pioche by 8.  Jacques had the ACT, and had to be in Panaca by 8.  I went with Grandma Frehner up to pick pinenuts with all her brothers and sisters.  They had their brother/sister reunion in Cedar on Friday, then continued it over here on Saturday.  Teri and Kerry made Mulligan stew and dutch oven biscuits for them.  I was moral support.  
Your dad had to leave for work on Saturday, so I made a couple of sandwiches before I left, and then Natty helped him with the rest.  She is also his new typist, since all the rest of you have left.  
Today was the Primary program.  The kids did so AWESOME!!!  During practices, I  tried to get them to all stand up together when they sang, but you know how they are.  so I just didn't worry too much about it.  Then for the first song today, as the music started, they all looked at me and stood up all together!  I was in shock.  Then they did it for every song.  And they sang their little hearts out.  Even the little ones were singing.  They had the nursery kids come up and sing Book of Mormon Stories with the Sunbeams at the beginning.  Canon decided that he would just stay up there for the rest of the program.  He even lined up at the podium for a speaking part.  It was funny watching Marie watch him.
Natty had YW in Excellence tonight.  Sister Lamb is such and awesome YW president.  Marinda was in charge, but her mom spoke, and you could just tell that she sincerely loved all the YW.  Ally was in a few of the pictures in the slide show, and Chelsey, too.  
that's about all the news here.  It is raining.  YEah!!  Maybe the dirt road won't be so dusty in the morning.  
Rachel, how are things in Wales?  Tell us about your area, and your new companion.  And how was Elder Cook?  Did you all meet together, or video conference, or what?  It would be difficult to call in all the missionaries at the same time, wouldn't it?
Chelsey, good luck at your new job tomorrow.  Walk fast.*;) winking
Cami and Ally, work hard in school.  
All of you, be good, and be safe.
I love you!
Mom




No comments:

Post a Comment